The projects on refugee issues that the VLSP* has carried out so far addressed lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, intersexual and queer refugees by providing information on LGBTQI* realities in different languages on this website.
The projects were also aimed at interpreters, psychosocial and therapeutic professionals as well as voluntary and full-time helpers of refugees or migrants: Many lgbtqi* refugees experience particular exclusion in their countries of origin and while fleeing; some are traumatized. They also experience multiple discrimination here in Germany and need special protection. In order to meet their needs and to adequately support lgbtqi* people with refugee experience, specific knowledge, an appreciative approach and sensitive language are prerequisites.
The following projects have been carried out so far:
- March 2018 to March 2021: Project "Arriving Differently - Understanding Diversity" (funded by Aktion Mensch).
- 2019: Project "Kultur- und lsbttiq-sensible Sprachmittlung" (funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Integration, Baden-Württemberg).
- March 2021 to May 2022: Project "anders.angekommen" (funded by Aktion Mensch). As part of this project, the short film "Hear our voices! Queere Geflüchtete tell their stories" was produced in cooperation with tgbw.
Results of the projects:
- Multilingual information on LGBTQI* and health, for example: an overview of different sexual orientations and gender identities, coming out, tradition and migration, counselling and therapy as well as peer support. (Download full text, version May 2022).
- Handout for interpreter-assisted therapy/counselling to be able to communicate on diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity (Download).
- A list of useful information materials on the topic of LGBTQI* and flight (in German).
Phone: 0711 888 999 29
E-mail: refugees [at] vlsp.de
Last updated: 08/03/2022 - 10:27